Backend Developer Job Description
The professionals that create and manage the systems that allow websites to handle data and carry out operations are known as back-end developers. Back-end developers are involved in server-side tasks that you cannot see, such as data storage and security, in contrast to front-end developers who are in charge of almost everything you visit on a website.
The web application and APIs that front-end developers and smartphone app programmers use are typically created by back-end developers.A back-end software engineer is in charge of both the front-end integration and server-side web application functionality.
The user-facing component of a website is made possible by a back-end developer. The utility of whatever the front-end programmer creates is increased by back-end programming. The complete back end of a webpage must be developed, maintained, tested, and debugged by back-end developers.
We are searching for a Back-End Web Developer who will be in charge of overseeing the exchange of data between the server and the users. This covers the fundamental application programs, data and application integration, databases, API, as well as other back-end operations.
Development of the server-side logic, creation, and management of the centralized database, and guaranteeing high speed and quick response to front-end requests will be your main priorities. Additionally, you are in charge of incorporating the application’s front-end components that were created by your colleagues.
Backend Developer Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate and be active throughout the entire application lifecycle.
- primary emphasis on coding and bug-fixing.
- Work together with front-end programmers.
- Technical and creative requirements should be defined and communicated.
- Give the other team members support, assistance, and training.
- Create reusable, high-quality software that can be utilized in the future.
- Create cleanly coded web apps that are sustainable and operative.
- Debug and troubleshoot software programs.
- Discover the newest technologies.
- Keep abreast of the most recent best practices.
- Perform UI tests and performance optimization.
- Control innovative technology to enhance apps.
- Work together with a heterogeneous team of system administrators, developers, and designers.
Backend Developer Requirements
- Good command of CSS server-side preprocessors like SASS and LESS.
- Proficiency in recognizing security and accessibility compliance.
- User identification and permission across various servers, settings, and systems.
- Combining several databases and data sources into a single system.
- Administration of the server environment, which includes resizing an application to accommodate changes in load.
- Scripting, data manipulation, and migration.
- Creation and management of backups.
- Generating data in many formats.
- Recognizing the variations among various delivery platforms, such as mobile and desktop, and optimizing output to the particular platform.
- The development of database design that describes and enables business processes.
- Putting in place unit tests and automated testing systems.
- Understanding of a back-end computer language at an advanced level.
- A thorough knowledge of Git and other code versioning techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of OWASP security practices.
- In a global server environment, having an understanding of “session management”.
Backend Developer Key Skillset
- Expertise in back-end development for 2 years.
- Comprehensive knowledge of web development.
- Industry experience in coding languages such as Ruby, Java, PHP, and Python for 2 years.
- 2 years of CMS framework expertise.
I’m a tech writer and subject matter expert with 5 years of experience. With Masters in Computer Technology and Technology, I specialize in writing about programming languages and IT. I have a passion for simplifying complex technical concepts for diverse audiences.