We’ll schedule a call and understand your requirements.
Hire Dedicated Drupal Web Developers with UltraGenius
UltraGenius is a marketplace for top software developers, engineers, programmers, coders, architects, and consultants. Top start-ups and companies choose developers from UltraGenius platform for their critical software projects.
Hire from UltraGenius network & scale your engineering team in a matter of few days.
Hire only the best Drupal developers among the 20K+ engineers who have applied to UltraGenius
Freelance Drupal Developer
Drupal Freelance Developer
Part-time Drupal Freelancer
Hire top talented freelance Drupal developers with UltraGenius
Drupal is a Content Management System which provides a wide range of features like reliable website performance, easy content authoring, and best security. Drupal offers a great deal of site flexibility so that website builders can delegate authorities from content creation to site administration to site users. The advantage of this is that everyone can start collaborating on the website.
What UltraGenius offers?
Hire dedicated Drupal developers through UltraGenius in 4 easy steps
Get the list of pre-vetted candidates in days.
We will arrange a call after understanding your requirements.
Start working with UltraGenius with a 1-week trial period.
Our Happy Clients
Join 200+ Fast-scaling Start ups
and Fortune 500 Companies that have hired freelance Drupal developers
Want to hire freelance Drupal developers on your own? Here are the skills you must look for while hiring a freelance Drupal developer
Hiring dedicated Drupal web developers might be an intricate task for you if you are a non-technical manager. Drupal CMS provides a wide range of features like reliable website performance, easy content authoring, and best security. Drupal offers a great deal of site flexibility so that website builders can delegate authorities from content creation to site administration to site users. But, hiring the most skilled freelance Drupal developers among thousands of developers is a challenging task for anyone. So, UltraGenius is here to assist you while recruiting the top talented freelance Drupal developers on your own. UltraGenius understands your job requirements and gets you only the top developers who have detailed website development knowledge using Drupal.
The following skills you must look for while hiring a freelance Drupal developer –
Strong grasp on PHP
Drupal freelance developers have the responsibility of writing the code in PHP and dealing with other server-side languages. The Drupal developers write code for custom modules, automate tests and deployment, consume web services, etc. Some of the freelance Drupal developers work on the advance side of the theme layers so they must have in-depth knowledge of Theme management in Drupal.
Experience in Drupal Theme development
A Drupal theme is a set of files which defines the visual representation of your website. There are a total of seven theme components of Drupal – Bartik Theme, Classy Theme, Claro Theme, Seven Theme, Olivero, Stable Theme, Stark Theme, Seven Theme components which includes content header, proposed search field and image widget.
Understanding of Drupal Modules
Drupal websites are designed with Drupal modules and have robust working because of them. A module is a collection of specific files embedded with some functionality. Drupal modules are of three types – core, custom, and contributed. Drupal includes its core modules while downloading. The freelance Drupal developers can turn on and off the core modules without the requirement of any additional module. Contributed modules are a part of Drupal’s community as they are contributed to the community of Drupal developers. Custom modules organizes and displays the content which is not possible using participate content modules which are present by default.
Experienced in working with Version Control System (VCS)
Freelance Hire Drupal developers must have knowledge of version control systems, such as Git. GIt is the most common system that helps teams collaborate and organize their code when it undergoes frequent changes. Along with this, they also need to know how to use some basic commands like add, push and pull which allow them to work independently on a particular task in the code.
Excellent understanding of testing frameworks and tools
Rising quick-deployment needs during the development phase, testing has become one of the important skills of a freelance Drupal developer. Drupal developers must know how to write automated tests scripts and must be aware of these testing tools – NightwatchJS, PHPUnit, Behat, and Drupal Test Traits (DTT). Alongwith these testing tools, knowledge of Selenium, Webdriver, Cucumber.js, Cypress, and Pupeteer will be an advantage.
Experience developing custom themes in Drupal
The freelance Drupal developers must have the ability to design and develop custom themes on their own if there is no default theme matching the project. They must be able to customize core themes and forms and design themes that meets the necessary code standards of HTML and CSS. Some of the popular Drupal themes are – Corporate clean, Business, Zircon, Nexus, Business Responsive Theme, Danland, Masters, etf.
Skills of debugging and updating a site
Along with using version control systems like Git, another valuable skill that a freelance Drupal developer should have is the ability to identify bugs in the code while writing the code. Check while interviewing whether the Drupal developers is able to identify errors during the development process. Also ask them whether the freelance Drupal developers can do post-launch maintenance of their website and provide the top quality user experience to your customers.
Understanding of Drupal architecture
- Data – The input taken as data is the first layer because it contains the information to be stored on a page. It includes nodes, etc.
- Modules – The functional plugins which are included as core, contributed, and custom modules.
- Blocks and menus – Blocks are the core and extensible features provided by the Block module with an API. A block is used to represent a particular information in an area other than the main content, primary or secondary menus, and breadcrumbs. A menu is a collection of links which is used to navigate between different web-pages and sections of a website. The new menus are created inside the built-in menus by default. But the Drupal developers can design custom menus also.
- User permissions – Users are assigned to several roles and user permissions grant them the pre-defined permissions.
- Themes and templates – Theme is the top layer of Drupal architecture which is comprised primarily of XHTML and CSS with mixed PHP variables, to direct the way of content. Each theme in Drupal is included with a set of functions that can be used for overriding standard built-in functions in the module to give complete control of how a module generates its markup at the time of output. A theme can have one or more templates depending on the website design and its ability to handle complexity.
Knowledge of REST APIs
RESTful APIs feature was introduced with Drupal 8.0 version. REST stands for Representational State Transfer APIs. There are HTTP services which use GET, POST, PATCH, PUT, DELETE methods to get, post, delete, and modify data. With the help of REST APIs, the Drupal developers can specify the supported verbs authentication mechanisms, and serialization formats.
Experience implementing blocks in Drupal
A block is a content box which is rendered into a region or area of a web-page. Blocks like who’s online or user login can be displayed in the form of blocks of the sidebar or the footer of a webpage. The block functionality is provided by the Block module and can be re-arranged, created, and removed in the Block layout.
Experience with web markup and UI, UX Concepts
To design and develop a user interactive websites, the Drupal developers must have a firm understanding of element positioning, displaying the elements, and making components interactive, semantic markup, and other related Bootstrap and UX Concepts so they can design the product with the best quality. The developer must be experienced in developing visual effects in presentational markup. For, example – How the heading appears, making text larger and putting weight to it, and giving which color to it, and which markup can include captions, bind columns, and row headings to table cells.
Familiarity with databases for Drupal use
Majorly the Drupal developers use MySQL, MariaDB, SQLite, Percona Server, etc. as they provide Drupal interface compatibility. Drupal supports database connectors such as mysql, pgsql, and mysqli. The Drupal developers must be familiar with atleast one of the databases among MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, and SQLite.
Proficient in writing optimized and readable code
The freelance Drupal developer must have a strong problem solving skill because it helps developers to utilize existing solutions for the projects more efficiently, thinking abstractly, and enables them to easily write pseudocode for their project. The developer must know how to debug the code as well. Also, check if the freelance Drupal developer is able to write clean and concise code and can fluently communicate with other team members while explaining the code.
Pay only after one week trial period
Connect with the top 1% freelance Drupal developers of the world at the lowest prices
Drupal is widely used Content Management System because it is highly customizable, scalable, and offers a great deal of flexibility. But recruiting the best freelance Drupal developers is not an easy task when a large no. of Drupal developers are competing to grab the job opportunities. So, UltraGenius is here to assist you in hiring the top Drupal developers.
Top Interview Questions to ask while hiring a hiring a dedicated Drupal developer
- Drupal has a vast community of developers who encourages continuous innovation and improvement.
- Drupal prioritizes user experience to build robust and customer driving websites. For this, Drupal uses Claro administrative theme, layout builder, and mobile responsive web features.
- Drupal provides a flexible and scalable API architecture and is faster and more optimized than any other CMS in terms of page loading and bandwidth.
- Security is the utmost priority when it comes to digital experience. Drupal provides the best security features and every new module goes under a strict review by the Drupal core maintainers team before it is publicly released.
The core modules used in Drupal are -
- Actions UI module.
- Aggregator module.
- Activity tracker module.
- Automated Cron module.
- Block module.
- Ban module.
- BigPipe module.
- Book module.
Twig is a template engine of PHP. Twig is a part of the Symfony2 framework and replaces the PHPTemplate as the default template engine.
Hooks provides Drupal developers the facility to change and extend the Drupal core functionalities. Code components in modules communicate through hooks feature. A module developer can alter the way a core module looks without modifying the existing code.
Any object handled and managed by the service container is a service. Drupal 8 comes with the decouple reusable feature and registers services with a service container to make services pluggable and replaceable.
To run a call in Drupal 8, first you have to create a Controller and add controller class to it.
Create a service, add a service class, and a routing file.
Use services in a controller.
A menu is a collection of custom links and categories which are used to navigate between web pages. Menus are shown as a hierarchical representation of links using Drupal's block functionality. The Menu modules has a robust interface that customizes and designs powerful menus for the website.
A data module provides Drupal developers an administration interface and low-level APIs for accessing tables' content and modifying the data in tables. The Data module provides -
- an API for insertion, updation, and deletion and describes how the tables are joined.
- Automatic integration of views.
- an API for automatic allocation of tables for one row of records.
- a way for exporting table definitions to code.
- Data - The input taken as data is the first layer because it contains the information to be stored on a page. It includes nodes, etc.
- Modules - The functional plugins which are included as core, contributed, and custom modules.
- Blocks and menus - Blocks are the core and extensible features provided by the Block module with an API. A block is used to represent a particular information in an area other than the main content, primary or secondary menus, and breadcrumbs. A menu is a collection of links which is used to navigate between different web-pages and sections of a website. The new menus are created inside the built-in menus by default. But the Drupal developers can design custom menus also.
- User permissions - Users are assigned to several roles and user permissions grant them the pre-defined permissions.
- Themes and templates - Theme is the top layer of Drupal architecture which is comprised primarily of XHTML and CSS with mixed PHP variables, to direct the way of content. Each theme in Drupal is included with a set of functions that can be used for overriding standard built-in functions in the module to give complete control of how a module generates its markup at the time of output. A theme can have one or more templates depending on the website design and its ability to handle complexity.
Frequently Asked Questions
UltraGenius is one of the leading platforms for hiring remote talent and connecting freelance and part-time developers with Silicon Valley businesses. We focus on finding the best talents who will perform extremely well and will be easily integrated into your teams. We filter out only the top 1% most skilled freelance developers among the 20K+ developers who have applied on our platform. Candidates have to prove their self-reported experience by giving Ultragenius’ s skill tests.
UltraGenius first tests the developer’s skill set by conducting a two and half hour hiring test. Our hiring test judges a candidate on all aspects like aptitude, case study analysis, verbal and reasoning, coding questions based on data structures and algorithms, software engineering, system design, and more. Then, there is another round for the candidates who are selected from this round called “Higher-level Assessment Skill Test”, which is a video round that deeply analyzes freelance Drupal developers’ major skills and asks questions about the projects they have worked upon.
Fill up the form which is on every hiring freelancers’ page and we will inform you once we select the top 1% freelance Drupal developers matching your job requirements. After analyzing the candidates based on their resumes and two assessment tests, we provide you the feedback quickly. And if the freelancers selected by our team are fit for your job role, then we also provide the onboarding.
UltraGenius offers you only the most skilled freelance Drupal developers who are top 1% among the 20K+ Drupal developers who have applied on our platform. After a rigorous selection and testing process, we sort out only the top candidates for you. You can check out UltraGenius’ s selection process for hiring freelance Drupal developers on https://www.ultragenius.club/hire-drupal-freelancer/.