We’ll schedule a call and understand your requirements.
Hire Ruby on Rails Developers (RoR) with Ultragenius
Ultragenius is a marketplace for top software developers, engineers, programmers, coders, architects, and consultants. Top start-ups and companies choose developers from Ultragenius platform for their critical software projects.
Hire from Ultragenius network & scale your engineering team in a matter of few days.
Hire only the top 1% among the 20K+ engineers who have applied to Ultragenius
Freelance Ruby on Rails Developer
Rishabh is a software engineer having 7+ years of experience in developing server-side web applications using Ruby and integrating back-end components with Angular.
Freelance Ruby on Rails Developer
Mahesh is a software engineer having 3+ years of experience in developing server-side web applications and REST-API(s) using Ruby on Rails. He is well-versed in deployment as well.
Part-time Ruby on Rails Developer
John is a software engineer having 10+ years of experience working with Ruby. John has developed several back-end applications using Ruby on Rails.
Hire top freelance Ruby on Rails developers with Ultragenius
Ruby on Rails, also known as RoR, is one of the most productive and fast-pace framework for developing server-side web applications. It is written in Ruby and uses Model-View-Controller architecture (MVC) to design web applications.
What Ultragenius offers?
Hire Ruby on Rails developers through Ultragenius in 4 easy steps
Get the list of pre-vetted candidates in days.
We will arrange a call after understanding your requirements.
Start working with Ultragenius with a 1-week trial period.
Our Happy Clients
Join 200+ Fast-scaling Start ups
and Fortune 500 Companies that have hired freelance Ruby on Rails developers
Want to hire freelance Ruby on Rails developers on your own? Here are the skills you must look for while hiring a Ruby on Rails developer
Hiring freelance Ruby on Rails developers might be an intricate task for you if you are a non-technical manager. Ruby on Rails is one of the highly demanding framework to develop fast-paced server-side web applications in the software filed, and hiring the best freelance Ruby on Rails developers among the thousands of developers is a challenging task for anyone. So, here Ultragenius comes to assist you while recruiting the top freelance Ruby on Rails developers on your own. Ultragenius understands your job requirements and gets you only the top freelance RoR developers who have in-depth knowledge in developing software applications using Ruby on Rails.
The following skills you must look for while hiring a freelance Ruby on Rails developer –
- Arrays and objects
- Array methods
- Functions and arrow functions
- DOM Manipulation and event handler
- The “this” keyword
- The “class” keyword
- Prototype chain and object creation
- Higher-order functions and callback functions.
Knowledge of Ruby on Rails Gems
While working with real-world projects, freelance Ruby on Rails developers needs RoR gems (package manager in Ruby), to quickly develop and manage software applications.
Ruby-on-Rails Gems contain various beneficial packages, libraries, and dependencies which saves a lot of time in application development. Examples are Bye_bug, Bettor_errors, Minimagick, ElasticSearch, Bundlers, Ruby-JWT, Kaminari, HTTPClient, Capybara, RSpec, Activeadmin, and many more.
Proficient using testing tools like RSpec
Knowledge of working with testing frameworks and tools is one of the most important skills in today’s rising development in IT field. Therefore, the freelance Ruby on Rails developers must know about Jest, Enzyme, Mocha, Chai, AVA, and Tape for unit testing.
For end-to-end testing, they must know about Selenium, Webdriver, Cucumber.js, Nightwatch.js, Cypress, and Puppeteer.
For integration testing, they must know about Karma.
Specialist in working with Version Control Systems (VCS)
Freelance Hire Ruby on Rails developer must have knowledge of version control systems, such as Git, SVN, TFS or Mercurial. Git is the most widely used version control system among developers. It is the version control system that helps teams in collaborating and organising your code and maintaining the frequent changes that occur in the code. Along with this they must know how to use add, push, pull and commit commands – branching is also an important skill which allows freelance rails developers to work independently on pieces of work without accessing anyone else’s repository when necessary; merging will help them too if you want to collaborate with others again later down the line!
Knowledge of MVC architecture
Freelance Ruby on Rails developers must know about Model-View-Component (MVC) architecture as the framework is based on MVC architecture pattern. MVC approach helps you to create applications that separate the input logic, business logic, and UI logic while maintaining the loose coupling between the elements.
Experience developing REST-API(s)
Proficient knowledge working with databases
For a Ruby on Rails developer, the main databases are SQL and PostgreSQL. In RRails, the gem ActiveRecord can write the queries for you, but to integrate multiple databases into a single application, to read logs to grasp what’s going on, or handle any downfall requires in-depth knowledge of working with databases.
Strong core knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming
Object-Oriented Programming is one of the most essential skills of a freelance ruby on rails developer. To develop real-world applications, binding data members and functions are mostly required and to achieve loose coupling among the classes.
- Encapsulation – Encapsulation is binding the related data members or variables and functions inside a single unit called class. This mechanism prevents the code from accessing outside a particular class. Encapsulation is achieved by declaring the variables of a class as private and using the getter() and setter() methods to access them indirectly ensuring security.
- Inheritance – Inheritance is one of the widely used concepts in real-world programming that allows one class to extend the functionality of other classes and use its member functions instead of writing again multiple lines of code.
- Abstraction – Abstraction is required when we have to define a parent class that contains only the structure of a given project and the implementation has to be done by its child class. Abstraction is the mechanism of hiding the data implementation and showing only the necessary details.
- Polymorphism – Polymorphism allows an object to behave differently on its calling. There are two types – Compile-time Polymorphism and Run-time Polymorphism. In Compile-time Polymorphism, the methods with the same name behave differently according to the number of arguments and return type. In Run-time Polymorphism, the overridden method is invoked by the parent class reference and it determines which method to call based on the object created.
Experience with web markup and UI, UX Concepts
The developer must have a firm understanding of element positioning, displaying the elements, and making components interactive, semantic markup, and other related UX Concepts so they can design the product with the best quality. The developer must be experienced in developing visual effects in presentational markup. For, example – How the heading appears, making text larger and putting weight to it, and giving which color to it, and which markup can include captions, bind columns, and row headings to table cells.
Knowledge of Deployment tools like Docker and Kubernetes
A freelance Ruby on Rails developer must know about software deployment tools as it will ease their work upto a great extent. Therefore, knowing how to work with Docker, Capistrono, Octopus Deploy, Kubernetes, Ansible, Go continuous delivery, Jenkins, Chef, Karma, etc.
Proficient writing clean and optimized code
You must hire the freelance Ruby on Rails developers based on their ability to write clean and optimized code that is understandable by all the team members, and is scalable.
Pay only after one week trial period
Connect with the top 1% freelance Ruby on Rails developers of the world at the lowest prices
Ruby on Rails optimizes a web application from the very first line of code. It is widely used by the freelance ruby developers due to its metaprogramming feature where it auto-writes code as a return to an input. But, hiring the top skilled freelance ruby on rails developers is not an easy task when a large number of freelance rails developers are competing to grab the job opportunities.
Top Interview Questions to ask while hiring a freelance Ruby on Rails developer
Ruby on Rails is popular for its faster application development. The key features of Ruby on Rails are -
- Fast-Paced Software Development - Ruby on Rails is a very fast programming language attributed to unmatchable coding speed. Convention over configuration, Automation Testing, and Scaffolding are the most valuable features that promote rapid application development without compromising product quality.
- Enhanced Scalability with Quality Output - Ruby on Rails can enable freelance ruby on rails developers to handle complex problems very easily with its scalability feature. You can gradually increase the magnitude of the project with outstanding quality.
- Reliable and Accurate - Ruby on Rails has an integrated automated testing feature that helps freelance ruby on rails developers achieve better consistency.
- Three environments - Rails come with the default development, testing, and production environment.
- Rails community - Ruby on Rails is a well-documented framework and the community regularly spot and check the vulnerabilities maintaining the updates.
Active Record comes with Rails as an object-relation mapper. Rails Active Record maps the class to a table, rows to the objects of that class, and columns to object attributes (data members). It provides an interface and binds tables in a relational database with the Ruby program code that creates, reads, updates, modifies, or deletes database records.
- Fires trigger - The user can trigger using a link or a button and modify the data in the field or form.
- The client receives the fragment - The server-side action handler processes the data and retrieves a fragment of an HTML page to the web client.
Rails Migration is a convenient tool to modify your database schema. After running the migration, Rails puts the migration timestamp into an internal table schema_migrations. Instead of managing SQL scripts, the freelance ruby-on-rails developer defines database changes in a domain-specific language. ActiveRecord tracks which migrations have already run.
The Controller in Rails is a part of its Model-View-Controller architecture, which acts as an intermediate between model and view. When the client requests particular data, the controller contacts model and checks if the requested data is present in the database or not. It then carries the data to the view which then is responsible to display the data.
Apart from this,
- The Rails controller controls helper modules, which increase the capabilities of the view HTML template, without inserting much bulky code.
- It also manages sessions, maintaining user-interactions with the view template.
Rake in Rails is a standalone task management and automation tool that runs ruby on rails applications. Rake is used to describe dependencies, create databases, perform tests, and run migrations. It also groups the tasks within a namespace The freelance ruby developer can also create custom tasks specifying automatic actions such as database backup, run code analysis tools, etc.
If the page requested is not found, Redirect issues an error message to the browser and tells the browser to issue a new request. While Render is used to design the content and works only when the controller is all set with the variables that need to be rendered.
Polymorphic Association is an ActiveRecord association that connects a database model to multiple other models. Take the example of a social media application where the users model can be connected with the comments model, post_likes model, and posts model.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ultragenius is one of the leading platforms for hiring remote talent and connecting freelance and part-time developers with Silicon Valley businesses. We focus on finding the best talents who will perform extremely well and will be easily integrated into your teams. We filter out only the top 1% most skilled freelance developers among the 20K+ developers who have applied on our platform. Candidates have to prove their self-reported experience by giving Ultragenius’ s skill tests.
Ultragenius first tests the developer’s skill set by conducting a two and half hour hiring test. Our hiring test judges a candidate on all aspects like aptitude, case study analysis, verbal and reasoning, coding questions based on data structures and algorithms, software engineering, system design, and more. Then, there is another round for the candidates who are selected from this round called “Higher-level Assessment Skill Test”, which is a video round that deeply analyzes freelance developers’ major skills and asks questions about the projects they have worked upon.
Fill up the form which is on every hiring freelancers’ page and we will inform you once we select the top 1% freelance Ruby on Rails developers matching your job requirements. After analyzing the candidates based on their resumes and two assessment tests, we provide you the feedback quickly. And if the freelancers selected by our team are fit for your job role, then we also provide the onboarding.
Ultragenius offers you only the most skilled freelance developers who are top 1% among the 20K+ freelance developers who have applied on our platform. After a rigorous selection and testing process, we sort out only the top candidates for you. You can check out Ultragenius’ s selection process for hiring freelance Ruby on Rails developers on https://www.ultragenius.club/hire-ruby-on-rails-freelancer.