Docker Developer Job Description
The goal of Docker is to offer dev teams and their managers a platform for collaborative app development that includes tools, content, services, and a community.
An open system platform for creating, distributing, and running programs is Docker. You may divide your apps from your infrastructure with the help of Docker, allowing for rapid software delivery. You can maintain your architecture using Docker in the same manner that you handle your applications. You may drastically shorten the time between writing code and executing it in production by utilizing Docker’s methodology for shipping, debugging, and releasing code quickly.The ability to bundle and operate a program in a flexibly isolated environment known as a container is provided by Docker. You can easily deploy several containers simultaneously on a single host because of this isolation and security. You do not have to depend on what is already installed because containers are compact and come with everything needed to operate the program.
We always measure our decisions as a company on Docker values. Many businesses choose ideals or virtues and then simply stick the posters up on the walls. We never do that; rather, we frequently discuss them. These values serve as the foundation for how we conduct ourselves at work and how we relate to one another and our clients.
Being a software service company for a software engineer is an honor for us. Our goal is to have developers spend more time on innovation and less time on other activities. We are aware of developers’ needs, prioritize them, and never obstruct them. Making developers content and effective is how we achieve success.
We are keenly seeking to hire a DevOps programmer who is an expert in Docker. They will be in charge of developing and putting into action our technical plans for containerization. Additionally, they will create our architecture and lay out our roadmap. The candidate will focus on developing, scalability, monitoring, and keeping our container management cluster consistently available for a number of our extremely complicated applications.
The applicant must be an authority on containerization and Docker technology. They must be familiar with Kubernetes and other container orchestration tools’ logging and monitoring systems. Additionally, they will be in charge of creating and enhancing our application’s CI/CD pipelines and educating both themselves and their group on the most recent developments in business and technological trends.
Docker Developer Roles and Responsibilities
- Tasked with defining and integrating containerization technology.
- Construct, expand, and track highly scalable applications.
- Create and improve the CI/CD pipelines for our application.
- Keep up with the newest, most popular technologies.
- Create the product roadmap and the architecture.
- Create a system for automatically scaling our Kubernetes nodes.
- Rotate through the on-call roster.
Docker Developer Required Skills
- IT or computer science bachelor’s or master’s degree, or comparable work experience.
- 3+ years of experience working with cloud deployment technologies like Kubernetes and Docker.
- CI/CD pipeline management expertise.
- Designing an auto-scaling mechanism for Kubernetes node’s experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities, with evidence of English fluency.
- Having knowledge of maintaining.NET applications to move them off of Windows servers
- Knowledge of a variety of programming languages, including Shell, Perl, PHP, and BASH.
- Competency in managing and supplying virtual machines
- Proficiency in Docker’s container networking.
- Excellent understanding of CI/CD application deployment.
- Knowledge of monitoring software, such as Grafana, Prometheus, Datadog, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of alerting programs such as OpsGenie, PagerDuty, etc.
Docker Developer Prefered Skills
- Knowledge of alerting applications such as PagerDuty, Opsgenie, etc.
- Having familiarity with monitoring devices like Datadog, Grafana, and Prometheus
- Practical working experience in Linux system administration and operations.