Erlang Developer Job Description
The program has capabilities over several other programs when it pertains to networking, regardless of whether the language is functional or operational and concurrent programming or a system software in its own terms as some argue.
It was created in 1986 for use in Ericsson products, but in 1998, with assistance from the OTP (Open Telecom Platform) team within Ericsson, it was made available as open-source software.The Erlang programming language can easily use numerous servers and processors. It is capable of running several threads simultaneously with each process interacting with the others through messaging. Due to the origins of this programming language, it is ideally suited for controlling telecommunications and for all types of messages.
We are looking to hire a competent Erlang developer to join our team of experts and do something innovative.
You will contribute to ensuring the reliability of our services as an Erlang developer. You will discover how to look into production problems on a server processing client requests. The ability to browse a vast code base and locate the least restrictive location for extensions.
With each job you accomplish, you will not only master the technical aspects of the system but also develop a comprehensive understanding of it. In this position, you will participate in brainstorming and contribute to the base of Crawlera with enhancements.
Erlang Developer Roles and Responsibilities
- Create, support, and maintain a distributed high-load system.
- Analyze our usage of Crawlera both currently and historically in order to improve its navigation and rotational logic.
- Utilize our platform to offer more functionality, both for internal use and for end users.
- Find and fix problems with distributed crawling’s scalability and performance.
- Communication with other network teams to give Crawlera the finest integration for our expanding platform.
- Teach young developers the greatest development techniques.
- Deliver scalable, simultaneous systems with excellent reliability by working with the team and product stakeholders.
Erlang Developer Required Skills
- Engineering or computer science undergraduate or graduate degree (or equivalent experience).
- Erlang development experience spanning at least three years.
- Working knowledge of Erlang for developing sophisticated real-time systems.
- In-depth understanding of parallelism, virtualization, concurrency, and distributed computing.
- A better understanding of communication standards (XMPP, SMPP, HTTP, etc.).
- English fluency is required for good communication.
- Ability to work a 40-hour workweek with a 4-hour time difference from US time zones.
Erlang Developer Desired Skills
- Working knowledge of Linux, Git, Jenkins, and other microservices architecture.
- In-depth knowledge of telecom protocols and VoIP.
- Comprehensive knowledge of functional programming, test-driven development, and agile approaches.
- A track record of designing real-time systems, including chat and messaging services.
- Proficient in managing large-scale software initiatives in the past.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Strong project management and troubleshooting abilities.
Erlang Developer Benefits
- Family health insurance.
- Monthly performance incentives.
- Consistent promotion.
- Regular growth and training opportunities.
I’m a tech writer and subject matter expert with 5 years of experience. With Masters in Computer Technology and Technology, I specialize in writing about programming languages and IT. I have a passion for simplifying complex technical concepts for diverse audiences.