Hire iOS Developers in 24 hrs with UltraGenius
Are you looking to hire iOS Developers for your company? Then, UltraGenius is the marketplace to hire some of the best ioS Developers, coders, engineers, programmers, and architects with a 30-day risk-free trial of the talent if you are not satisfied!
Hire only the top 1% among the 50K+ engineers who have applied to UltraGenius
iOS app developer
Rishabh is a software engineer having 7+ years of experience developing iOS applications. He has designed apps for iOS phones, macOS, iPadOS, watchOS, and tvOS.
Rishabh is a software engineer having 7+ years of experience developing iOS applications. He has developed many desktop apps and is also expertised in writing server-side web applications.
Senior iOS app developer
Rishabh is a software engineer having 7+ years of experience writing concise and faster mobile applications using Swift. HE has developed multiple iOS applications.
Hire Top Talented iOS Developers with UltraGenius
Whether you are looking to hire experts for short-term or long-term projects, we at UltraGenius do not compromise with the talent. After a rigorous screening process, we handpick the top 1% of talent from the pool of 50K engineers who have applied on our platform.
What Ultragenius offers?
Join 200+ Fast-scaling Start ups
and Fortune 500 Companies that have hired iOS developers
Want to hire iOS developers on your own? Here are the skills you must look for while hiring a iOS developer
What is iOS?
The renowned tech giant Apple designed the mobile OS system to power multiple devices, like iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Apple TV. iOS OS promises ease of use, security, user-friendly design, and seamless networking between Apple devices.
Consequently, organizations seek iOS developers to enrich their digital landscape. Are you also planning to hire a full-time iOS developer? This guide will discuss the responsibilities and skills you must look for before hiring an iOS developer. It also covers the interview question you must ask candidates to check their knowledge and expertise. So, let’s get started!
Why is iOS a popular choice for an operating system?
The user-friendly interface and high functionality are only a couple of attributes contributing to its popularity. iOS ranks as the second most popular OS, with an estimated market size of 27.1% by 2023. So, let’s delve into the reasons behind iOS’s popularity.
1. User Experience
User experience is one of the main aspects companies aim to enhance to boost their performance. Apple has always been known for being detail-oriented, and the excellent iOS interface reflects the same. Thanks to its simple design, users can easily navigate through menus, access functions, and hop between programs.
A key selling point for iOS has always been its security features. Users are shielded from dangerous malware and other internet hazards through the operating system. Data encryption, app sandboxing, and automated software upgrades are some of the security aspects that make iOS a safe operating system.
3. Hardware Integration
iOS was specifically created for Apple devices. Thus it guarantees a faster and more effective user experience than other operating systems.
4. Developer Support
Apple delivers excellent developer assistance in the form of exceptional tools and resources. It enables you to engineer top-notch iOS apps and explore the boundaries of the platform for novel innovations. As a result, the developer community has flourished and become quite active,
5. Brand Loyalty
Apple’s brand loyalty might be partly blamed for iOS’s success. Throughout the years, Apple has developed a dedicated community and robust brand identity throughout the years. Since they believe in the company and its principles, many customers are ready to spend more on Apple products.
How to hire an iOS Developer?
Hiring an iOS developer is a critical task that requires careful consideration and planning. That’s why we are providing a step-by-step process for hiring an iOS developer below:
1. Determine Your Needs
The first step in hiring an iOS developer is determining your needs. What particular qualifications and experience are you seeking? What is the period and range of your project? You may develop a precise job description by answering these inquiries.
2. Post a Job Listing
After identifying your needs, you must post a job listing. You may use freelancing sites like ultraGenius, Upwork or Toptal or put your listing on employment boards like LinkedIn, Indeed, or Glassdoor. You must provide a detailed job description, the necessary abilities and credentials, and any other pertinent information.
3. Review Resumes and Portfolios
After posting your job listing, you will likely receive many resumes and portfolios from potential candidates. Spend time reviewing every profile properly and searching for applicants with expertise working on related projects or with related technology.
4. Conduct Initial Interviews
It is time to conduct preliminary interviews once you’ve reduced the number of candidates on your list. You can schedule interviews over a call, via a video conference, or in person. Inquire about the applicant’s background, aptitude, and problem-solving approach during the interview. Be sure also to assess their communication skills and cultural fit.
5. Technical Assessment
After conducting initial interviews, assessing the candidate’s technical skills is time. It can be done through a coding challenge or technical interview. Be sure to provide clear instructions and a reasonable time frame for completing the assessment.
6. Final Interviews and Offer
Once you have completed the technical assessment, it’s time to conduct final interviews and make an offer to your top candidate. You can go deeper into the candidate’s method of problem-solving and development during the final interview. You must also discuss compensation and any other relevant details.
What are the must-look skills while hiring an iOS Developer?
Ensuring that you’re adequately hiring an iOS developer as per your needs is challenging, especially for someone not from a technical field. Hence, we have listed must-look skills while hiring an iOS developer.
1. Proficiency in Swift
Swift is the primary programming language for developing iOS applications. Therefore, it’s essential to hire an iOS developer who is proficient in Swift. The programmer should be able to produce Swift code that is clear, effective, and easy to update.
2. Knowledge of iOS SDK
The iOS SDK (Software Development Kit) must be thoroughly understood in order to create iOS applications. The developer must be knowledgeable about how to use the SDK’s numerous frameworks, APIs, and libraries to produce applications of the highest caliber.
3. Experience with iOS Architecture Patterns
iOS applications must be designed using a proper architecture pattern that ensures scalability and maintainability. A developer skilled in architecture patterns, like MVC (Model-View-Controller), MVVM (Model-View-ViewModel), or VIPER (View-Interactor-Presenter-Entity-Router), can help you design viable applications.
4. Ability to Develop Custom UI
iOS applications are known for their sleek and intuitive user interfaces. Therefore, you must hire a contract-based iOS developer or any other type of iOS developer who can develop custom UI elements using tools like Auto Layout, Interface Builder, and Core Animation is essential.
5. Familiarity with Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines
Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines provide a set of design principles and best practices for developing iOS applications. A developer familiar with these guidelines can ensure that your application meets Apple’s standards and provides a seamless user experience.
6. Strong Communication Skills
Last but not least, a developer with effective communication skills is necessary for every project to succeed. They should be capable of communicating with both team members, asking questions when required, and adequately conveying their job.
What are the best ways to hire an iOS Developer?
Finding the appropriate talent to create a successful iOS application might be difficult when hiring an iOS developer. The following are some of the finest ways to hire an iOS developer:
1. Hiring a Freelancer:
Hiring a freelance iOS developer can prove to be cost-effective for small projects or startups. Freelancers frequently have a wide range of expertise and are willing to work on temporary or intermittent assignments. You can find freelance iOS developers on Upwork, Freelancer, or Toptal. So if you wish to hire freelance iOS developers, reviewing their portfolio, past work experience, and ratings from previous clients is essential. Be sure to communicate the project scope, timeline, and payment terms.
- Freelance iOS developers typically charge lower rates than in-house developers or outsourcing agencies, which can be a cost-effective option for small businesses or startups with a limited budget.
- Freelance iOS developers are often available to work on short-term or part-time projects, which provides flexibility for companies with fluctuating workloads or budget constraints.
- Freelance iOS developers often have diverse skill sets and experience working with different industries and project types, which can bring a fresh perspective to your project and offer innovative solutions.
- A freelance iOS developer may be hired more quickly than an internal developer because there is no requirement for a drawn-out hiring procedure, interviews, and training.
- Businesses don’t have to bother about commercial space, technology, or other overhead expenses associated with hiring freelancers because they can work from anywhere.
- Freelance iOS developers often have multiple clients and projects, making it challenging to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Companies may lose control over the job’s quality and the development process. You must establish clear communication and expectations with freelancers to secure the intended result.
- Freelance iOS developers may be located in different time zones or speak foreign languages, which can form communication barriers and make collaboration challenging.
- Freelance developers handle multiple projects simultaneously and do not work the standard 9-to-5 workday. Scheduling a meeting with them can be a huge problem.
2. In-house Hiring
Hiring a full-time iOS developer is a better option when you have a larger or ongoing iOS project. In-house developers work directly for your company and can be integrated into your team and company culture. It can lead to better collaboration, faster communication, and improved project outcomes. Hence, you must ensure the potential candidate fits your company culture and possesses apt skills and experience before you hire a full-time iOS developer. You can post a job listing on job boards or LinkedIn or contact staffing agencies to find the right candidate.
- In-house iOS developers are part of the same organization and can feel more connected to the company’s mission and vision. They are more likely to invest more in the project to achieve positive outcomes.
- You can control the process when working with an in-house team. You can easily monitor and ensure your project is being conceived to the desired specifications.
- In-house iOS developers can have more opportunities for professional growth and development within the company, such as promotions, bonuses, and additional training and education.
- An in-house team works in the same location or place. It allows you to manage and have more control over their working hours, processes, and workflows.
- In-house iOS developers understand the company’s security policies and procedures better and can ensure that the app is compliant with industry regulations and standards.
- When you hire full-time iOS developers, they are only exposed to the technologies and processes used within the company. There are chances they may have a limited skill set and a potential lack of innovation.
- Salary, benefits, and overhead costs can make the hiring of a full-time iOS developer more expensive than outsourcing or hiring a freelancer.
- In-house iOS developers may lack the experience and expertise of specialized contractors or freelancers, who may have more niche skills or experience working on a wider variety of projects.
- The hiring process for an in-house team can be longer as you need to source, interview, and onboard the right candidates.
Outsourcing iOS development can be a good option for companies without the in-house expertise or needing to scale their development quickly. It is also cost-effective as it eliminates the need to train developers like an in-house team. While outsourcing iOS development, finding a reputable and experienced outsourcing partner is essential. You must select partners with an extensive portfolio and a verified track record of high-quality work. It’s also necessary to have clear communication to ensure the project is completed on time and to the desired specifications.
- Outsourcing iOS developers can provide access to a wider range of expertise and experience, as external developers may have worked on various projects and bring a fresh perspective to the development process.
- Outsourcing is a pocket-friendly alternative; it lowers the need for infrastructure, equipment, and other associated costs of in-house hiring.
- Outsourcing iOS development can lead to faster project completion as you can leverage the expertise of experienced developers to complete the project efficiently.
- Outsourcing iOS developers can increase flexibility and agility, as external teams can be scaled up or down based on the project’s needs.
- Outsourcing iOS developers can provide a level of objectivity and independence, as external developers may be better able to identify potential issues or opportunities without being subject to internal biases or constraints.
- Outsourcing iOS agents may not have a personal investment in the app’s success or a deep understanding of the company culture and values. They may fail to adapt to market conditions and the company’s objectives.
- Outsourcing might result in unanticipated results and a loss of control over the development process.
- Outsourced iOS developers might not have a thorough grasp of the company’s brand, customer base, or values. It can adversely affect the design and functionality of the app.
- Cultural differences can lead to misunderstandings, which may affect the project outcome. It’s important to have cultural awareness and sensitivity when outsourcing.
What are the key responsibilities of an iOS Developer?
iOS developers design, devise, and maintain iOS applications. They align their ideas and processes with project managers, designers, and coders to find a common ground and create sophisticated yet easy-to-use apps. The following are some of the main duties of an iOS developer:
1. Application Development
The main duty of an iOS programmer is to create excellent iOS applications that satisfy customers’ or end users’ needs. They write reliable and efficient programs for iOS devices using programming languages like Swift or Objective-C.
2. Testing And Debugging
iOS developers test and debug applications before launch to ensure they are bug-free. They use testing tools and frameworks to conduct automated and manual tests to identify and resolve issues.
3. Collaborating With Cross-Functional Teams
iOS developers work closely with cross-functional teams, including designers, project managers, and others, to ensure the application meets the desired specifications and requirements. They provide technical expertise and input on project feasibility, design, and development.
4. Code Optimization
iOS developers optimize the application’s code to improve performance and reduce memory usage. They employ profiling tools to locate performance bottlenecks and put optimization strategies into practice to increase the application’s responsiveness and speed.
5. Integration With Backend Systems
iOS developers are responsible for integrating the application with backend systems and APIs to ensure it functions seamlessly with other systems. They collaborate with backend developers to implement API calls, data synchronization, and other integration tasks.
6. Keeping Up With New Technologies And Trends
iOS developers must stay current with new technology, trends, and commercial breakthroughs in order to be competitive in the market. Moreover, to stay updated with the recent advancements in iOS programming, they take part in training programs, read industry blogs and magazines, and attend conferences.
Must Ask Interview Questions While Hiring iOS Developers?
Before hiring an iOS Developer, you must analyze their knowledge and familiarity with the field. Here is a list of some of the must-ask questions while taking an interview for an iOS Developer.
Q1. What are some typical difficulties encountered while creating iOS apps, and how can you overcome them?
Common challenges in iOS app development include managing different device capabilities and versions, ensuring app stability and performance, and maintaining compatibility with various OS updates. Overcoming these challenges requires careful planning, testing, and ongoing optimization throughout the development process.
Q2. What is the broad difference between native iOS app development and cross-platform development?
Native iOS app development implicates creating iOS-specific apps that use Apple’s programming languages and tools. Whereas, cross-platform development facilitates flexible app creation that can function on multiple OSs, including iOS and Android.
Q3. How to incorporate user feedback and testing into iOS app development?
Incorporating user feedback and testing is essential for creating apps that meet user needs and expectations. To acquire feedback and insights, developers may employ strategies like usability testing, A/B testing, and analytics.
Q4. How can you make sure that your iOS apps abide by all applicable laws and industry standards, such as those relating to data security and privacy?
User data protection and privacy depends on compliance with relevant laws and regulations like GDPR and COPPA. Developers must obtain user consent and ensure transparency and accountability in data collection and storage to adhere to the applicable legal practices.
Q5. How to debug and troubleshoot iOS applications?
Debugging and troubleshooting tools in Xcode may be used to find and fix problems in iOS applications.
Q6. Explain your understanding of the Apple Human Interface Guidelines and how to ensure your apps adhere to these guidelines.
The Apple Human Interface Guidelines provide best practices and recommendations for creating intuitive, user-friendly app interfaces. While straying from these rules may cause confusion and annoyance for users, following them can improve user experience and usability.
Q7. What are the benefits of tracking user behavior and engagement?
Benefits of tracking user behavior and engagement include identifying areas for improvement, evaluating app performance, and optimizing user acquisition and retention strategies.
Q8. How do you approach ongoing maintenance and updates for iOS apps?
Ongoing maintenance and updates for iOS apps require monitoring and troubleshooting for bugs and issues, as well as implementing new features and optimizations.
Q9. How can you optimize your app’s performance and speed?
To optimize an iOS app for performance and speed, you must practice lazy loading, memory management, and efficient data processing.
Q10. What strategies should be used to minimize downtime and user disruption?
Strategies such as incremental updates and beta testing can help minimize downtime and user disruption.
Q11. What tools do developers use to facilitate the integration of APIs and web services into iOS apps?
Developers may use tools such as Alamofire or URLSession to facilitate these integrations and may also need to implement authentication and error handling.
Q12. How to balance user needs with technical feasibility and project requirements?
Balancing user needs with technical feasibility and project requirements requires clear communication and collaboration between developers, designers, and stakeholders.
Q13. How to ensure that iOS apps perform well on different devices and under various network conditions?
To ensure that iOS apps perform well on different devices and under various network conditions, you should test iOS apps on real devices, optimize for performance, use adaptive layouts, implement efficient networking, monitor app performance, and continuously test and optimize.
Pay only after one week trial period
Frequently Asked Questions
Ultragenius is one of the leading platforms for hiring remote talent and connecting developer and part-time developers with Silicon Valley businesses. We focus on finding the best talents who will perform extremely well and will be easily integrated into your teams. We filter out only the top 1% most skilled developers among the 50K+ developers who have applied on our platform. Candidates have to prove their self-reported experience by giving Ultragenius’ s skill tests.
Ultragenius first tests the developer’s skill set by conducting a two and half hour hiring test. Our hiring test judges a candidate on all aspects like aptitude, case study analysis, verbal and reasoning, coding questions based on data structures and algorithms, software engineering, system design, and more. Then, there is another round for the candidates who are selected from this round called “Higher-level Assessment Skill Test”, which is a video round that deeply analyzes developers’ major skills and asks questions about the projects they have worked upon.
Fill up the form which is on every hiring developer’s page and we will inform you once we select the top 1% Swift developers matching your job requirements. After analyzing the candidates based on their resumes and two assessment tests, we provide you the feedback quickly. And if the developers selected by our team are fit for your job role, then we also provide the onboarding.
UltraGenius offers you only the most skilled developers who are top 1% among the 50K+ developers who have applied on our platform. After a rigorous selection and testing process, we sort out only the top candidates for you. You can check out UltraGenius’ s selection process for hiring iOS developers.