Hire Top PHP Developers with Ultragenius
Ultragenius is a marketplace for top software developers, engineers, programmers, coders, architects, and consultants. Top start-ups and companies choose developers from Ultragenius platform for their critical software projects.
Hire from Ultragenius network & scale your engineering team in a matter of few days.
Hire only the top 1% among the 20K+ engineers who have applied to Ultragenius
Rishabh is a software engineer having 7+ years of experience in designing server side web applications using PHP. He has in-depth experience working with Laravel, Laminas, CakePHP, and Drupal.
Mahesh is a PHP developer skilled in developing dynamic websites combining PHP and MySQL, delivering unique solutions for clients' problems. His skillset include PHP, MySQL, PHPUnit, and CodeIgniter.
Senior PHP Developer
Hire top PHP developers with Ultragenius
PHP stands for Hypertext Pre-processor. It is a platform independent server-side scripting language used for developing dynamic and user-interactive websites. PHP is very useful in developing secure web applications by using testing frameworks like PHPUnit and Codeception.
What Ultragenius offers?
Hire PHP Web Developers through Ultragenius in 4 easy steps
Our Happy Clients
Join 200+ Fast-scaling Start ups
and Fortune 500 Companies that have hired PHP developers
Want to hire PHP developers on your own? Here are the skills you must look for while hiring a PHP developer
Hiring PHP web developers might be an intricate task for you if you are a non-technical manager. Today, PHP is one of the evergreen server-side languages for developing web applications and is used as a general-purpose programming language. Hiring dedicated PHP developers among thousands of developers is a challenging task for anybody. So, here Ultragenius comes to assist you while recruiting PHP developers on your own. Ultragenius understands your job requirements and gets you only the most skilled developers who have strong foundation of PHP.
The following core skills you must ensure while hiring a PHP developer –
Strong knowledge of core PHP functions
The PHP developers must be well-acquainted with the core inbuilt functions because it is one of the most effective tools used in programming. Some of the popular functions you must ask while hiring a PHP developer are –
- Array – array(), is_array(), in_array(), array_merge(), array_keys(), array_key_exists(), array_shift(), array_push(), array_pop(), array_values(), array_map(), array_unique(), array_slice(), array_diff(), array_search(), array_reverse(), and array_unshift().
- String – substr(), strlen(), str_replace(), trim(), strpos(), strtolower(), strtoupper(), is_string(), and strstr().
Some other frequently used PHP functions are count(), date(), htmlentities(), htmlspecialchars(), strip_tags, addslashes, stripslashes, explode, implode, rand(), str_replace, strlend(), array_combine(), array_multisort(), array_unique(), print_r().
Experienced with Object-Oriented Programming (OOPS) Concepts -
Object-Oriented Programming (OOPS) is a software-development approach concerned with real-world objects, such as vehicles, banks, employees, etc. OOPS mainly comprises of –
- Encapsulation – Encapsulation is binding the data members and functions that expose only the functions in the class and hide the private members.
It is an important concept used widely in software development and helps reduce software complexity, protect the internal state of an object as accessing the variables/members is possible through getter and setter methods. Also, the implementation inside methods can be changed without breaking the code which is using that class.
- Inheritance – Inheritance is a real-time demand of every code which allows one class to extend the functionality of another class. The core feature of Inheritance is Re-usability. The class inheriting the class is called the child class or subclass and the class that is being inherited is called parent class or superclass. Instead of thousands of lines of code every time, developers can utilize the same code in inheriting classes as well.
- Abstraction – Abstraction is the process of defining the core functionalities of any class, hiding its implementation details. It tells what a class does instead of how it does. Here, you can ask the difference between Encapsulation and Abstraction, the former shows the inner implementation, and the latter shows the outer implementation. For example, take the example of a mobile phone, Encapsulation is how the display screen and keypad button are connected using circuits while Abstraction is any user can dial a number using the display screen and keypad button.
- Polymorphism – Polymorphism is the ability of any data to take more than one form. It is of two types – Compile-time Polymorphism and Run-time Polymorphism.
In compile-time polymorphism, function overloading is implemented in which one function with the same name can have a different number of arguments and different return types.
In run-time polymorphism, function overriding is implemented in which the child class / sub-class decides the implementation of the parent class / base-class function.
Well-versed with PHP frameworks
While hiring a PHP developer, check his/her knowledge of PHP frameworks, like Laravel, CodeIgniter, Magento, etc. CodeIgniter is an open-source PHP web development framework that allows faster web development by providing fully-featured database classes with the support for several platforms. CodeIgniter provides developers an easy approach to utilize modular functions and renders excellent migration support.
Laravel is used for developing server-side web applications and provides in-built authorization and authentication system, used for sessions, caching, and developing RESTful API services. Besides, Laravel is very useful for handling traffics on websites.
Highly Experience in working with Version Control System (VCS)
Developers must have a very in-depth knowledge of version control systems. Developers mostly use Git for their work, which helps the development team collaborate and organize your code. Git also simplifies reviewing old codes with newly updated ones by helping to pull the code from its repository and managing commit history. Along with this, PHP developers need to know how to use commands like add , push , pull and commit as well as branching, merging – it allows them to work independently on the code
PHP Testing tools and Frameworks
- PHPUnit is one of the widely used unit-testing frameworks in PHP. It provides various advantages like code coverage analysis, logging, mocking objects, etc. PHPUnit gives developers the advantage of writing test cases for all functions and methods, so if a bug occurs at any point then it can be easily identified. PHPUnit’s test results are customized and used in testing various types of controllers without extending.
- StoryPlayer is another mostly used PHP testing framework used for testing both front-end and back-end web applications.
- Codeception is also a very popular testing framework because of its test execution speed.
Understanding of databases
Connecting PHP with a database is very essential to deliver highly unique solutions for a project. To create a dynamic website with PHP, the developer must know combining it with a database like MySQL, PostgreSQL, or MongoDB.
Knowledge of CRUD operations on a database and commands like SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, ADD, etc. is required to know for a PHP developer.
Experience with web markup and UI, UX Concepts
The developer must have a firm understanding of element positioning, displaying the elements, and making components interactive, semantic markup, and other related UX Concepts so they can design the product with the best quality. The developer must be experienced in developing visual effects in presentational markup. For, example – How the heading appears, making text larger and putting weight to it, and giving which color to it, and which markup can include captions, bind columns, and row headings to table cells.
Proficient in writing optimized and readable code
You must hire the PHP developers based on their ability to write clean and optimized code that is understandable by all the team members, and is scalable.
Pay only after one week trial period
Connect with the top 1% PHP developers of the world at the lowest priceS
PHP is one of the widely used server-side languages to develop dynamic and secure web applications today. But recruiting the best PHP developers is not an easy task where a large no. of PHP developers are competing to grab the job opportunities.
Top Interview Questions to ask while hiring a PHP developer
Frequently Asked Questions
Ultragenius is one of the leading platforms for hiring remote talent and connecting developer and part-time developers with Silicon Valley businesses. We focus on finding the best talents who will perform extremely well and will be easily integrated into your teams. We filter out only the top 1% most skilled developers among the 20K+ developers who have applied on our platform. Candidates have to prove their self-reported experience by giving Ultragenius’ s skill tests.
Ultragenius first tests the developer’s skill set by conducting a two and half hour hiring test. Our hiring test judges a candidate on all aspects like aptitude, case study analysis, verbal and reasoning, coding questions based on data structures and algorithms, software engineering, system design, and more. Then, there is another round for the candidates who are selected from this round called “Higher-level Assessment Skill Test”, which is a video round that deeply analyzes developers’ major skills and asks questions about the projects they have worked upon.
Fill up the form which is on every hiring developer’s page and we will inform you once we select the top 1% PHP developers matching your job requirements. After analyzing the candidates based on their resumes and two assessment tests, we provide you the feedback quickly. And if the developers selected by our team are fit for your job role, then we also provide the onboarding.
Ultragenius offers you only the most skilled developers who are top 1% among the 20K+ developers who have applied on our platform. After a rigorous selection and testing process, we sort out only the top candidates for you. You can check out Ultragenius’ s selection process for hiring PHP developers on http://www.ultragenius.club/hire-php-freelancer